Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Boys will be boys -- Top 10

When people ask me about my kids and find out that I have 3 boys, they usually give me "the look." It seems to be a mix of shock and sympathy. Awe and anxiety. And then it's followed by the standard comment, "you must keep...busy." I'm used to it.

But I wouldn't have it any other way. For reasons that are too many to count. I know there must be some really great things about having daughters, but here's a sampling of the top 10 things I love about being the mother of sons:

10. They're cheaper to dress. Not by a lot, but cheaper, still
9. I never have to wait to use my own phone
8. We won't have to pay for any weddings
7. Not a lot of drama (usually)
6. They don't fight over the bathrooms
5. I don't have to braid anyone's hair, which is good, because I never was very good at it
4. Cool hobbies/interests, like forming bands and playing sports
3. If anyone messes with one brother, they get to deal with all of them
2. They're never to cool or too old to give mom a hug (I hope it lasts)
1. They'd do anything for their mother. Except maybe turn homework in on time, but we're working on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment